Game Summaries & Headlines.
Boys Varsity Baseball Gets by Lee
- Game Date
- May 10, 2019
- JAGUARS: 9
- Jaguars took the lead late and defeated Lee HS 9-2 on Friday. The game was tied at two with Jaguars batting in the bottom of the fifth when Noah Strother grounded out, scoring one run.
- Jaguars secured the victory thanks to seven runs in the fifth inning. Jaguars batters contributing to the big inning included Strother, Nate Moonis, Jonah Wilkes, Carson Mayfield , and Ryan Bailey, all driving in runs in the frame.
- Lee HS fired up the offense in the first inning. Joey Hodges homered on a 3-1 count, scoring two runs.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, Jaguars tied things up at two when Jaguars scored one run on a stolen base.
- Aidan Cunningham got the start for Jaguars. He lasted four innings, allowing two hits and two runs while striking out five.
- Connor Hogan toed the rubber for Lee HS. He lasted four and a third innings, allowing six hits and six runs while striking out one. Hodges and Edward Frye entered the game from the bullpen, throwing one inning and two-thirds of an inning respectively.
- Jaguars racked up eight hits on the day. Mayfield and Moonis each collected multiple hits for Jaguars. Moonis and Mayfield each collected two hits to lead Jaguars. Jaguars was sure-handed in the field and didn't commit a single error. Wilkes had the most chances in the field with eight.
- Hodges led Lee HS with two hits in three at bats. Lee HS was sure-handed and didn't commit a single error. Caleb Dyson made the most plays with eight.