Game Summaries & Headlines.
Varsity Baseball Beats Lee in HS Scoring Game
- Game Date
- May 7, 2019
- JAGUARS: 21
LEE HS: 12
- Jaguars stole the lead late in the game in a 21-12 victory over Lee HS on Tuesday. The game was tied at 11 with Jaguars batting in the top of the seventh when Tyler James singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Cameron Karicher collected six hits in six at bats to help lead Jaguars to victory. Karicherdoubled in the first, doubled in the second, singled in the fourth, singled in the sixth, singled in the seventh, and homered in the seventh.
- Jaguars opened up scoring in the second inning. Carson Mayfield drove in one when he singled.
- Lee HS evened things up at 11 in the bottom of the sixth inning when Edward Frye singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run.
- After Jaguars scored one run in the top of the fourth, Lee HS answered with one of their own.Jaguars scored when Nate Moonis grounded out, scoring one run. Lee HS then answered when Joey Hodges doubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Lee HS scored five runs in the sixth inning. The offensive onslaught by Lee HS was led by Connor Hogan, Myles Pittman, Max Thompson, and Frye, who all drove in runs.
- Mayfield was on the pitcher's mound for Jaguars. He surrendered three runs on six hits over five and two-thirds innings, striking out three.
- Matt Fantz toed the rubber for Lee HS. He lasted two and a third innings, allowing seven hits and six runs. Frye, Justin Hall, and Thompson each contributed in relief for Lee HS.
- Jaguars tallied one home run on the day. Karicher went yard in the seventh inning.
- Jaguars racked up 20 hits. Karicher, Mayfield , Jonah Wilkes, and James all managed multiple hits for Jaguars. Karicher led Jaguars with six hits in six at bats. Jacob Butler led Jaguars with two stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with eight stolen bases.
- Lee HS totaled 12 hits. Thompson, Hodges, Hogan, Nathan Herod, and Frye each collected multiple hits for Lee HS