Game Summaries & Headlines.
JV Baseball Drops Late Inning Game to Marshall
- Game Date
- Apr 6, 2018
- JAGUARS: 5
MARSHALL HS: 15
- Falls Church lost a heartbreaker to Marshall as they lost the lead late in a 15-5 defeat. The game was tied at five with Marshall batting in the bottom of the sixth when Timmmy Bradley singled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run.
- In the first inning, the Jaguars got their offense started when Curran Gilster doubled on a 1-1 count, scoring two runs.
- In the bottom of the fifth inning, Marshall tied things up at five when Michael Lusick doubled on a 0-1 count, scoring two runs.
- Andrew Heiden led the Marshall to victory on the pitcher's mound. He surrendered four runs on three hits over three innings, striking out two. Wesley Clarke threw three innings in relief out of the bullpen.
- Grant Hawley took the loss for Falls Church Jaguars as he went one and one-third innings, allowing nine runs on five hits.
- Sam Sanders started the game for Falls Church and he allowed seven hits and three runs over four innings, striking out four.
- Gilster led Falls Church with two hits in three at bats.