Falls Church High School
George Mason HS
- Falls Church built an eight-run lead in the third inning and then held off George Mason charge for a 10-9 victory on Friday. George Mason scored eight runs in the failed comeback on a error in the sixth, a single by Alex Hansen in the sixth, a single by Evan Stengaga in the sixth, a single by Alex Lucroix in the seventh, a fielder's choice by Hansen in the seventh, and a error in the seventh.
- George Mason scored five runs in the sixth inning, but the Jaguars still managed to pull out the victory. The big inning for George Mason HS JV came thanks to singles by Hansen and Stengaga and an error on a ball put in play by Evan Caton.
- In the first inning, Falls Church got their offense started when Conor Glavin singled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.
- Falls Church notched seven runs in the third inning. The rally was led by singles by Glavin, Andrew Gray, and Michael Keefe and walks by Sam Sanders and Zach Sedmak.
- Grant Hawley got the start for Falls Church and he went five innings, allowing one run on one hit and striking out nine.
- Jack Villa led things off on the hill for George Mason. He went two innings, allowing three hits and six runs while striking out three. Lucroix and Jackson Pierce entered the game as relief, throwing two innings each innings and keeping the game close.
- Falls Church racked up eight hits. Glavin and Keefe each collected multiple hits for the Jaguars JV. Glavin went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Falls Church.
- Lucroix led George Mason with two hits in three at bats. George Mason was sure-handed in the field and didn't commit a single error. Caton had the most chances in the field with five.