Monday 3/19/2018 @ 6:30 pm
(A) vs Edison HS
Falls Church High School
- Falls Church snatched the lead late in the game in an 11-10 victory over Edison Eagles on Monday. The game was tied at nine with the Jaguars batting in the top of the seventh when Alan Dial induced Tryn Dunne to hit into a fielder's choice, but one run scored.
- In the first inning, the Eagles got their offense started when Dial singled on a 1-1 count, scoring two runs.
- After Falls Church scored two runs in the top of the fourth, Edison answered with two of their own. The Eagles then answered when Antonio Rios singled on a 2-2 count, scoring two runs.
- Edison scored four runs in the second inning. The offensive firepower by the Eagles was led by Niko Platre, Vaughn Gallicano, Mark Arthur, and Dial, who all drove in runs.
- Sam Sanders led things off on the rubber for Falls Church. He went three and two-thirds innings, allowing eight runs on six hits and striking out five.
- Tim Orehowsky was on the mound for Edison and he lasted three innings, allowing two hits and one run while striking out three. Zach Everly, Dial, Brennan Edenhart, and Mick Lorenger each entered the game as relief, throwing two innings, one inning, two-thirds of an inning, and one-third of an inning respectively.
- Grant Hawley led Falls Church with two hits in four at bats.
- Edison had nine hits in the game. Edenhart (3-5), Dial, and Gallicano each racked up multiple hits for the Eagles.